Volunteers- You can make a difference in Someone’s life!
Volunteers are a vital part of our Hospice team. Volunteers enrich the lives of patients every day through friendly visits, pet visits, music therapy, office support, and more! Whether you have an hour each month or eight hours every week, every bit of care and compassion makes a difference in the lives of our patients!
Find the Best Opportunity for You!
- Hospice Friendly Visitors Providing companionship to patients on hospice enhances their lives as well as the lives of our Volunteers! Enjoy talking with patients, listening to music, reading, or even quiet companionship all within a flexible schedule.
- Creative People Are you good at sewing or crafting? Share your talents with patients by sewing memory bears for loved ones, making cards, or other lovely crafts for patients and their families.
- Pet Visitors We all know the love that can come from visiting with some of our favorite furry friends. Pets meeting training requirements can volunteer to provide joy filled visits for patients on Hospice.
- Musicians Do you play an instrument? For most everyone, music is a powerful tool that can help make a moment fun, help to ease anxiety, and bring comfort. Volunteering your time can help patients enjoy your musical gifts!
- Professional Volunteers Beauticians, yoga instructors, and massage therapists all have many wonderful skills that are always in demand. Volunteers with up-to-date professional certifications can Volunteer their hard-earned talents to help enrich the lives of patients.
- Veteran Volunteers Veterans have a unique bond with one another, regardless of their time of service. Veterans supporting Veterans at the end of life is an invaluable service to those who so bravely served their country.
- Office Support Volunteers Behind the scenes of our patient care is an amazing team of people who help to keep everything running smoothly. Office Support Volunteers assist with tasks such as answering phones, filing, data entry, assembling intake folders, and mailings.
- Bereavement Volunteers After a loved one has passed, Continuum Care Hospice continues to provide support. Volunteers can assist the Bereavement Coordinator through providing caring phone calls, cards, and letters.
Volunteer Application Process
To become a Volunteer with Continuum Care Hospice:
- Volunteer Application– Fill out and return
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete a background test, 2-step TB test, drug screening and work physical
- Training– at no cost to you complete an online self-paced training course
- Orientation to Hospice Philosophy and Continuum Care Hospice mission and goals
- Placement– specific training and guidance provided for each role
Download Volunteer application HERE!
After submitting your application via mail or email, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for your next steps.
Volunteer Training and Skills
Training for all Volunteers is provided free and comprehensive covering topics such as:
- The purpose and focus of hospice philosophy and care
- The hospice Interdisciplinary Team’s roles and functions
- Communication, and listening skills
- Family and patient relationships and boundaries
- Grief and loss
- Physical, emotional, and spiritual concepts of death and dying
- Patient rights and confidentiality
- Specific skills and training for each Volunteer role
Qualities of our wonderful Hospice Volunteers
- Skills in listening, empathy, and diversity
- Emotional maturity with grief and loss